Reintroducing Maths For Normal People
Back in spring I started a series on interesting mathematical topics for the layman. Now I’m back with some fresh stuff. I’m still aiming to explain thrilling areas of pure mathematics to a non-mathematical audience.
My first huge topic is infinity. In spring, you may have read these articles:
- My Cardinal Is Bigger Than Yours, on how not to count with your fingers.
- Of Macbeth And 100,000 Monkeys, on probability versus monkeys with typewriters.
- Infinity Plus Three, on how much infinite the infinity is.
And we continue with…
- Aleph-Null Bottles Of Beer On The Wall, a quick summary of our weird results.
- All The Numbers In The World, on the infinities of unnatural numbers.
- The Bigger Infinity, on the frightfully vast infinity of real numbers.
- The Set of Subsets of a Set, on puting sets inside sets and setting subsets of a set to form new sets. Also, monkeys.
- Infinity of Infinities, on where is the end of infinities.